One of the world’s biggest shows is coming to Denver on June 11 to July 26, 2015. Cirque du Soleil’s “KURIOS” is the “Cabinet of Curiosities” and will introduce viewers to an unbelievable world of industrial magic and wonder.
This show is perhaps the most inventive and entertaining so far, and 303 Magazine has partnered with Cirque du Soleil to bring you a few fun facts about the show, run ticket giveaways and more.
Let’s start by introducing you to “KURIOS.” Get to know this incredible performance that took years of work and dedication to perfect. Be sure to stay tuned to our social media to see how you can win tickets!
10 fun facts about Cirque du Soleil’s “KURIOS”:
1. Altogether, there are 109 tour members from 21 countries on the “KURIOS” tour.
2. Performing is a full-time gig! “KURIOS” performs between 6-10 shows a week.
3. Been to a Cirque performance before? “KURIOS” is the 35th creation of Cirque du Soleil.
4. The audience is even closer to the cast than any other show. The stage is only 24 inches high.
5. It takes a lot of work to make “KURIOS” happen. In total, it takes six days to completely set up and two days to tear down
6. The Big Top can seat around 2,700 people at one time.
7. Wonder what the flags mean on the Big Top? They represent the 21 nationalities of the cast and crew.
8. It takes a lot to get the cast looking good. There are about 800 costume pieces in the show, including accessories, shoes, wigs, etc.
9. Michel Laprise is the director of “KURIOS.”
10. Cirque offers an on-site kitchen for the cast and crew. It serves about 300 – 400 meals per day.