Are you an experienced writer looking to expand your resume? Do you enjoy writing about music, travel, fashion, food, cocktails, dating, art, sports, health, and/or the environment?
We’re looking for writers who have a unique voice and a passion for writing. Writers publish one article per week (called a weekly) and will report to their specified desk editor. Writing experience is required.
Are you looking to gain experience in the magazine world? Are you organized, self-sufficient, and enjoy doing a bit of writing?
We’re looking for editorial interns who will essentially provide pre-coverage to events, research topics, find events for their desk, and assist their editors in any way suited.
Want to apply? Follow the steps below.
1. Choose your ideal desk…
- Fashion: beauty, Denver fashion, DFW, designers, home, shopping, trends
- Music: concerts, Denver music, live review, national music, festivals, nightlife
- Food & Booze: booze, culinary events, recipes, Denver chefs, restaurants, happy hour, brunch
- Culture: arts, books, dance, film, television, theatre
- Lifestyle: travel, charity, green, technology, cars, MMJ, pets, Denver living
- Health & Sports: yoga, fitness, health, personal training, sports
- Sex & Dating: sex, relationships, dating, LGBT
2. What can you bring to the team?
- Writers: After choosing the desk you’d like to contribute to, brainstorm ideas about what your weekly would look like and think up a couple of titles for your weekly.
- Interns: After choosing the desk you’d like to intern for, explain your knowledge in that category and how you can provide for that desk.
3. Ready to apply?
- In the subject line of your email, include the following: which desk you’re applying to, which position, and your last name. Example: Fashion – Writer – Johnson
4. Attach a cover letter, resume and a writing sample that pertains to the desk you are applying for.
5. Send the above information to: [email protected]