So you think you might be addicted to makeup – don’t worry.
Acceptance is the first step and you are in a safe place. Symptoms of the addiction include never crying (your mascara is too expensive), pulling yourself together by applying some lipstick, and wearing only Chanel No5 to bed.
If you have any of these ten signs, you might be addicted to makeup. Report to your nearest Ulta for treatment if problems persist. Here are 10 signs that you just might be addicted to makeup.
1. Your favorite day each month is the day your Birchbox comes in the mail. They say that the best things in life are free, but a box full of beauty samples every month for only $10 is a close second.
2. Whenever you and your girls get ready together for a night out, you’re always expected to bring your lipstick collection, since you have about every shade under the sun. Including twelve different hues of red.
3. You’re also expected to do everyone’s makeup when it’s time for a night out. It’s almost annoying, but you do feel slightly proud that you’re the makeup expert of the group. Cat eye? Can do. Smokey eye? No problem. Contouring? You’ve got that on lock.
4. Your idea of “eye candy” is the new eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay.
5. And your idea of the perfect day is one spent wandering the aisles of Sephora.
6. You know that it takes a huge amount of skill to achieve the no-makeup makeup look, and you’ve totally perfected it. No one will ever know that you weren’t actually born with it, and that it is, in fact, Maybelline.
7. Eyebrows are everything to you. You’re rocking brows that rival Cara Delevingne’s, and when you see thin eyebrows you get really sad. You can’t imagine ever being seen in public without at least doing your eyebrows, and most importantly, you know that friends don’t let friends walk around with smudged eyebrows.
8. You believe that rules were meant to be broken, and the old school beauty rules are no different. If done correctly, a bold eye and lip can peacefully coincide together. You just have to know how to balance them.
9. You both own and know how to use an eyelash curler, eyebrow scissors, a beauty blender, highlighter and primer. What look like medieval torture weapons to some (I’m looking at you, eyelash curler), are your prized and precious possessions.
10. You are the first to know, and try, the latest beauty trends. Eyelash extensions? You loved them. Super dark wine-colored lipstick? You rocked that. Next on your list? Eyebrow extensions, obviously.