Love is swirling in the crisp Colorado air and Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. This week let red be your inspiration. Historically the color red has been a symbol for courage and bravery and with Valentine’s Day only two weeks away, it’s time to take charge and get the date you desire.
No need to jump in the deep end and dawn your LED blinking heart embroidered sweater. Bring out your inner siren with these lusciously red inspired looks for your upcoming love day.
Valentine’s Day Beauty Tips
The beauty of any look is all in the details. A fresh manicure is a subtle ode to Valentine’s Day. Start off chic and simple with any of these beautiful nail polishes:
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer – Don’t Stop Believin, $18
- Yves Saint Laurent ‘La Laque Couture’ Nail Lacquer – Rouge Pop Art, $27
- Butter London Nail Lacquer – Ladybird, $15
- OPI Nail Lacquer – Big Apple Red, $9.50
Take this weekend’s Tinder date to the next level and secure a Valentine’s Day callback with any of these beautiful and irresistible lip colors. From high gloss to tinted balms, find the lip look that speaks to you:
- NYX Simply Red Lip Cream – Seduction, Russian Roulette and Candy Apple, $6.50
- Lipstick Queen Fired Up Power Gloss – Red, $18
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Strawberry, $21
- Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 – Cherry Tinted, $22.50
- MAC Cremesheen Glass Red Collection – Night is Young, $20
Today’s studies show that the color red entices both sexes and is associated with heat, passion and sexuality. Bring red into your hairstyle with a pop of color in an eye-catching accessory. Feeling bold? Try a more permanent approach to becoming a love magnet with red streaks or burgundy ombré accents.
BEAUTY INSIDER: Seal in your Valentine’s Day hairstyle with Big Sexy Hair Flip It Over Hairspray, $19. Flip head over and spray on dry hair. Squeeze and scrunch into hair and flip back over for a full and wild look.