You choose. You vote. You decide.
303 Magazine and Gentleman Jack are searching for Denver’s best bartender. For one night only, bartenders from all across the city will come together to compete in the ultimate cocktail competition. And it’s up to you to decide who they will be.
From now until June 30, nominate a bartender you want to see compete in the cocktail competition on August 8. Eligible bartenders will be invited to submit cocktails they create based off of the seven pre-established categories. The cocktail must fit two of the seven categories.
Submit your nominee using the form below. 303 Magazine will then tally up the nominations, and the seven bartenders with the most nominations will be invited to participate in the finale cocktail competition.
Stay tuned for updates with nominees, event announcements and more.
On August 8, the final seven bartenders chosen will create a cocktail unlike any other. The winner will receive the grand prize and bragging rights. Each cocktail must be prepared according to the rules and qualify in two (2) of the seven categories.
This is a 21+ event. Anyone participating, voting and/or competing must be 21 years and older.
HOW IT WORKS
Rules of Cocktail Event
- Participating bartenders will be required to make one cocktail that fits two of seven categories listed.
- No cocktail may include more than 2oz. of beverage alcohol
- Cocktail must contain Gentleman Jack
- Cocktail must have name
- Attendees will receive three tokens at the beginning of the night to use to vote for their favorite cocktail
- Voting should be based on taste, appearance and creativity of the cocktail
- Gentleman Jack will provide Gentleman Jack and standard mixers. Bartenders must provide any additional tools and custom/homemade ingredients.
- The winner will be announced at the end of the night and will win the grand prize
Bartenders can choose two of the seven categories below to create their cocktail.
- Classic inspired
- Served in a non-traditional vessel
- Culinary inspired
- Non-traditional garnish
THE GRAND PRIZE
The winner of the 303 Magazine’s Bartender Challenge will receive
- Grand Prize: VIP Ladies or Gentleman’s trip to Los Angeles for three nights to visit exclusive/invite only Room No. 7
- Baseball game tickets
- Concert tickets (TBD)
- Round trip flights, hotel
- All prizing fulfilled by Red Moon Marketing
- 21+ event
- The event is FREE to attend. All who attend must be at least 21 years old.
- Any individual who nominates a bartender will be invited to attend and upon RSVP may bring a guest to the event using the RSVP. Bartenders nominated may also bring guests via RSVP form.
- Anyone planning on attending must RSVP using the “yes/no” option on the nomination form. A follow-up form will be sent to everyone who replied “yes”.
- Bartenders may ask 10 guests to the competition and may attend and must complete RSVP with email/DOB.
- Nominators may ask two (2) guests to the competition; must complete RSVP with email/DOB.
- Bartenders have the option to opt out of participation if they choose to
303 Magazine and Gentleman Jack want to find some of Denver’s best bartenders to compete in the ultimate challenge. From now until June 30, submit a bartender you want to see compete in the finale event. The top seven bartenders with the most nominations will be invited to participate in a live finale event where they will mix up their favorite Gentleman Jack cocktail. The bartender who has the most votes at the live finale event will win a VIP grand prize trip to L.A.
This is a 21+ event and must be 21+ to submit nominees. Any nominee must be 21+.
Nominated bartender must work or have worked as a bartender professionally in the last six months.
Limited to one nomination per email address.
No Purchase Necessary
All who participate by submitting or participating bartenders must be at least 21 years and a legal resident of USA residing/working in Denver, Colorado. Void where prohibited. Nominating submission must be submitted by June 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The seven bartenders with the most nominations will be invited to participate in a finale event. All who make a nomination submission will be invited to attend the finale event. Gentleman Jack and 303 Magazine will make every effort to contact potential finale bartenders by June 30.
- Bartender at: The Block Distilling Co.
- Bartending Experience: 11 years
- Favorite Drink to Make: Black Manhattan
- Bartender at: Lead bartender at Corinne inside the Le Meridian Hotel
- Bartending Experience: 5 years
- Favorite Drink to Make: Vieux Carre
- Bartender at: Death & Co
- Bartending Experience: 3 years
- Favorite Drink to Make: Really depends on the situation. As a general rule, I like making a drink that will make the guest happiest. As far as technical aspects go, Whiskey Neat when I’m busy and a Ramos Gin Fizz when I’m slow.
- Bartender at: Mizu Izakaya
- Bartending Experience: 4 Years
- Favorite Drink to Make: Chartreuse Swizzle
- Bartender at: Adrift & Pony Up
- Bartending Experience: 7 years
- Favorite Drink to Make: Old Maid
- Bartender at: Retrograde
- Bartending Experience: 15 years
- Favorite Drink to Make: When I’m working, it’s hopefully going to be whatever it is that the person sitting across the bar was looking for when they sat down, regardless of whether or not they know exactly what “it” is. When I’m at home, it’s going to be a beer and a shot of mezcal.
- Bartender at: Nocturne
- Bartending Experience: Six years
- Favorite Drink to Make: Vieux Carre