This article was originally published on Tribe CBD. To view the original article and recipe, click here.
Have you ever added a little bit of every drink in a soda dispenser to your plastic cup? Well, the Long Island Iced Tea is the same concept—except with liquor. Despite its “kitchen sink” ingredients list, the LIIT remains a prevalent cocktail in American bars.
Want to make your LIIT extra lit? Add a dropperful of our all-natural CBD oil! Whether you like the original LIIT or a fancy rendition, our high-quality CBD oil will add serious cool to this unabashedly boozy cocktail.
CBD Long Island Iced Tea Recipe
Is it fair that the LIIT has such a “tipsy” reputation? Well, with five liquor components, it’s safe to say the LIIT isn’t a beginner’s cocktail. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t enjoy one glass of this drink without getting soused.
In fact, some argue the LIIT gets a bad rap due to bartenders’ lack of measurement skills. Instead of carefully pouring each liquor into a jigger, many bartenders like to “eyeball” the measurements, which inevitably results in overpouring.
If you follow the measurements in our recipe, you’ll end up with 2.5 ounces of liquor. Considering most cocktails call for 2 ounces of alcohol, that’s not an unreasonable measurement. Of course, you could also reduce these numbers even further if you want a milder LIIT experience.
- ½ oz vodka
- ½ oz light rum
- ½ oz tequila
- ½ oz gin
- ½ oz triple sec
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 1 dropperful Tribe CBD oil
- About 1 ounce of Coca-Cola
- Lemon wedge
- Pour simple syrup and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker
- Add all of your alcoholic drinks and plenty of ice
- Shake for about 5 – 10 seconds
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass
- Top with Coca-Cola
- Squirt a dropperful of CBD oil and stir
- Garnish with a lemon wedge
If you don’t dig the classic LIIT recipe, no worries. There are dozens of LIIT variations out there, all of which go well with our full-spectrum CBD oil. Here are a few of our favorite alternative LIIT ideas:
- Use pineapple juice instead of Coca-Cola
- Mix in cranberry juice rather than Coke
- Add bourbon for an extra-strong “Texas Iced Tea”
- Substitute Midori for Triple Sec and Sprite for Coke
Related: How does Tribe CBD compare to other CBD brands on the market these days? Click here to check out Real Tested CBD’s lab test results and independent review. Bringing the transparency in CBD directly to you.