Think you know your city? Transplants, tourists and locals all claim that they do—which is why 303 has compiled the ultimate list of 33 things to do in Denver before you die. From food to entertainment and everything in between, the Mile High City has a lot to offer, and in honor of March third (303 Day), we think you should do a couple on the list if you haven’t already.
You can’t say you’re a true Denverite if you haven’t done at least five.
- See a Denver Broncos game and wear orange proudly.
- Dine and enjoy the show at Casa Bonita and actually have a good time.
- Drink at Union Station’s Terminal Bar and feel high class.
- See a movie at the historic Mayan Theater.
- Have a picnic in one of Denver’s beautiful secret parks.
- Eat a rattlesnake hotdog or another unique hotdog at Biker Jim’s Gourmet Dogs.
- See one of the Rockies fireworks games and get on the field.
- Attend a Red Rocks show. ANY Red Rocks show.
- Wait in the long line at Little Man Ice Cream and score a sweet treat.
- Visit the Denver Art Museum.
- Drink beer at My Brother’s Bar, the oldest bar in the city.
- Climb on the indoor rock wall at REI’s flagship store.
- Peruse Tattered Cover Bookstore at one of three locations.
- Ride the Twister II roller coaster at Elitch Gardens.
- Find your zen at Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Sip afternoon tea at the Brown Palace.
- Learn to swing dance at Mercury Cafe.
- Eat a giant biscuit or cinnamon roll at Denver Biscuit Co.
- Play old-school arcade games at The 1up.
- Join a pick-up game at Cheesman or Wash Park.
- Try Rocky Mountain oysters at the Buckhorn Exchange.
- Wait in the long line at Snooze and get brunch.
- Eat at the Denver Central Market.
- Attend a First Friday Art Walk in the Art District on Santa Fe.
- Drive to Lookout Mountain and enjoy the view.
- See a hilarious comedian perform at Comedy Works.
- Bike the Cherry Creek Trail.
- Go bar-hopping on South Broadway.
- Attend the National Western Stock Show.
- Build your own burger at Cherry Cricket.
- Ride the free bus in its entirety at 16th Street Mall.
- Drink at Denver Beer Co.
- Visit the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
The list could go on and on. So give us your ideas in the comments below! And maybe you’ll see it in our list next year…