Rachel Zoe is “dying” 30 times or more a day, Hollywood has once again unfrozen what’s left of Joan Rivers and given her a microphone, and the people behind Madmen are clearing space on their award shelves, yep, it can only mean one thing; it’s Emmy time again people!
People won and lost, grinned from ear-to-ear because people really do like them, they really do, and others put on their best fake “I can’t believe I lost” grin, but we all know these award shows are about one thing. The red carpet! Here are some of my fav makeup trends that the stars employed.
1. Lash Blast: I love me some lashes! And boy were they piled on for this year’s red carpet! Kim Kardashian has enough lash extensions on to make Tammy Fae blush, but with the rest of her makeup kept to a minimum I think she has pulled off a pretty fabulous look.
2. Ka-Pow Kisser: This is a trend I am super excited about! I am not one to regularly rock a bold lip, but for a fun night out it’s a great way to feel truly glamorous. A great new twist to the bold lip is a flashy pink or plum lip stain. It will look less severe than a lipstick and stay put longer! Kiera Sedgewick is killing it with her fabulously painted pucker!
3. Sinfully Smokey: Smokey eyes were all the rage at this year’s Emmy Awards. The drama that a good smokey eye can offer is irresistible, but be sure to walk that fine line between too much and not enough. Stephanie Pratt has gone too far here: Fake tan + Retro Lips + Big Hair + Big Lashes + Smokey Eyes!! Exercise some restraint my dear!!
4. Worst Trend of the Night: Snooki Hair!!! Ahhh!! Charlie Price has taught me the fabulous art of “teasing it up to Jesus”, but I am sure he would agree that this is taking it a step too far.
5. Best Trend of the Night: Softly tousled curls with just a touch of “bed-head” paired with a beautifully fresh face! Both January Jones and Claire Danes knocked it out of the park with this look for the Emmy Awards. They both manage to look effortlessly chic, and timelessly beautiful all at once. Bravo ladies, BRAVO!