Growing up, Memorial Day weekend meant two things: 1. school’s out for summer and 2. pools were opening state-wide. Of course back then, I didn’t really care what swimsuit I was wearing, I was just happy it was pool-a-palooza. Now, however, I’m swooning over summer swimwear.
This season offers fun, fresh options that come in a variety ofÂ shades and shapes. Although bikinis (yes, plural) are a staple in a woman’s wardrobe, one-piece suits are all the rage. But that doesn’t mean you can’t bare it all in your many bikinis. Here are the top trends from runway to reality:
1) Vintage: boho-chic styles, showcasing ditsy floral or tie-dye prints and one-shoulder creations make a bathing suit a perfect throwback item this summer.
2) Surf-inspired: grab your board because designers are thinking about the sport element of the suit this season with functional fabrics and gnarly neon colors.
3) Prints: groovy geometric shapes, playful plaids, acid wash, nautical stripes and cheetah graphics are the prints that will pop by the pool.
4) Cut-outs: slits, holes and openings are giving you a reason to get a funky tan.
5) Details: heavy hardware like zippers and belts, sexy shirring, retro ruffles, fun fringe, and stylish studs help add the perfect adornment to already adorable suits.
It’s sink or swim…